We went to my parents' house the Saturday before Easter and colored eggs & stayed the night.
It's always an adventure at Grandma & Grandpa's house but the boys' latest favorite reason to go is because Uncle Ryan lets them play with the boxes of Star Wars toys that he's been collecting since he was their age. Owen hasn't stopped talking about them and really wants to "Go to Grammie's without the boys so they don't take the really big giant ships."
The struggles of being the baby.
Grammie also had sugar cookies for the boys to decorate in fun Easter shapes but I think they mostly ended up eating handfuls of sprinkles.
On Easter Sunday we went to our old ward in Emmett, it always feels like home there no matter how much the ward has changed.
When we got back we discovered that the Easter Bunny had come and gone but before the boys could hunt the eggs they had to endure a family picture...
I am pretty much checking Stoker out in this picture:
This is as good as it's gonna get:
After a quick change of clothes the hunt was on! And this year there were 2 eggs unaccounted for. Charly actually found one on the VW bug a week later...
I'm such a lucky girl, look what the Easter Bunny brought me!
The boys were pretty lucky, too, and they each got a new fishing pole and they made good use out of the gummy worms Grandpa bought for Easter by tying them onto the ends of their fishing line.
We had a great time with our family celebrating the life and resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ. We had a special FHE on Monday about the final days of His life and the miraculous fact that He lives again. Owen continues to ask
"Jesus died for us? Because he loves us?"
I know that He did, and I know that He does.
Happy Easter!